Blue Carts / Black Carts / Green Carts
Blue carts are used for two purposes, depending on how they are labeled.
- Some are labeled "All Recyclables Here" and should be used for recycling.
- Some have a "Yard Waste Only" decal and should only be used for grass trimmings, palm fronds and other yard debris.
The black cart is for trash only.
The green cart is for yard waste only.
Single-family, duplex and multi-family properties with carts may request a cart specifically for yard waste at no cost. For more information, call 954-640-4200
Cart Pick-Up Schedule
- Monday: Trash and Yard Waste Pick-Up
- Thursday: Trash and Recycling Cart Pick-up
- Tuesday: Trash and Yard Waste Pick-Up
- Friday: Trash and Recycling Cart Pick-Up
If you are not certain about your pick-up, please check with Waste Pro to confirm your pick-up schedule at 954-282-6800. Please note : If your yard waste or recycling cart is not placed on the curb on the correct day, it will not be picked up.
Your cart should be set out at the curb or collection point after 6 p.m. the night before your scheduled pick-up day. Carts must be brought in before midnight the day of pick-up.
If your entire street or neighborhood is not picked up by 6PM, the hauler may be running late or unable to complete the route that day. If that happens, leave your cart out on the street until emptied, even if that means overnight. Whenever a route is not completed on a given day, the hauler is obligated to pickup carts the next morning. In some cases, the Town may authorize the hauler to continue pickups after 6PM so the day’s route can be completed on the same day of service.
Cart Use and Overloading
Cart lids should be closed. A modest amount of waste overflow which prevents a cart lid from closing completely is acceptable. Excessive waste overflow is not acceptable. Route drivers have full discretion about emptying a cart. If a driver believes it cannot be lifted and emptied safely due to overflow, it will not be picked up and emptied. The customer will need to remove material and hold for the next pickup. The photo below is an example of excessive overflow in a yard waste cart.
Carts should be placed as follows:
1. In the swale, not the street.
2. Wheels facing your house, apartment or building.
3. Separated by approximately 1-foot.
4. Lids closed (except yard waste carts, which may be open up to a foot).
THE CORRECT WAY
NOT THIS WAY