UPDATE: December 14, 2022
The Town Commission received an update on Anglin's Pier from the Town’s Development Services Director following the presentation engineer Dane Hancock P.E. made to the Special Magistrate on December 9, 2022.
The pier may not be able to be repaired due to the level of deterioration. A deeper analysis and cost estimates for repairs need to be completed, and a determination of any restraints of the permitting agencies for the pier needs to be conducted.
UPDATE: December 2, 2022
On November 25, 2022, the Pier's engineer, Dane Hancock P.E., visually inspected Anglin's Pier via private boat. Findings from the inspection will be documented in a field report created by the engineer with detailed pictures and the engineer's letter of opinion.
The Pier Project Manager will provide the Special Magistrate with an update on December 9, 2022, at 10 a.m. at Jarvis Hall (4505 N. Ocean Drive).
November 12, 2022
This past week our community was stricken by the damage to an iconic landmark in our Town, Anglin’s Pier. While the pier is privately owned, the Town has been in communication with the property owner who is taking steps to assess the damage and safeguard the pier.
- Immediately following the storm, the Town building official completed his inspection. He declared the structure unsafe and instructed the property owner to hire a structural engineer to determine next steps.
- The property owner has hired a structural engineer and once the engineer’s report is complete (approximately 2 days), the Town’s building official will prioritize review of the report and work with the property owner to ensure all structural requirements are met as soon as possible.
- The Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO) has increased marine and beach patrol. If you witness unsafe boating activity in the vicinity of the pier, please contact BSO. The non-emergency number is (954) 764-4357, if it is an emergency dial 9-1-1.
- Per the Coast Guard’s requirement, temporary lighting has been installed at the end of the pier, and the property owner is working on a more permanent lighting solution.
- All loose debris from the pier that landed on the beach has been removed.
- The Town will remain in communication with the property owner as they work with their structural engineer and the Coast Guard to remedy this situation.