Things to remember when calling or texting 911 during an emergency:
• Know your exact location and address.
• DO NOT send photos, videos or emojis.
• DO NOT use slang or abbreviations.
• As with all text messages, 911 messages may take longer than a call or may not be received.
• Keep text messages simple and easy to understand.
• A text sent to 911 has a 160 character limit for a single text.
• The Text-to-911 system currentlyprocesses texts in English; language translation is not available.
• You must have text messaging included on your wireless phone plan.
• If texting 911 is not available in your area, your phone carrier will inform you via text to call 911.