The Development Services Department is under the direction of Director Linda Connors. The department is responsible for ensuring the orderly growth of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea through the review of development-related projects. Code compliance and Planning & Zoning review and enforce Town land use regulations. Code violations can be reported online at our Lauderdale-By-The-Sea Citizens Access Portal. The department is also responsible for:
- Flood zone map information
- Inspecting new businesses
- Lien searches
- Processing engineering right-of-way permits
- Processing site plan applications
- Processing variance requests
Building Department Services
The Town contracts with CAP Government Inc. (CAP), a private firm, to provide Building Department services to the Town. A CAP employee processes building permit applications Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Development Services Department, which is adjacent to Town Hall. Access frequently requested Building Department forms.
Development Services also provides support to the Planning and Zoning Board and Board of Adjustment.
Environmental Protection Certification
You can access information about the Florida Department of Environmental Protection's Self-Certification Program for single-family docks by visiting their business portal.
Development Services Documents
- Active Vacation Rentals and Short-Term Rentals
- Building or Renovating a Restaurant in Town (PDF)
- Building Permit and Inspection Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Supporting Documents (PDF)
- Development Services Fees
- LBTS Architectural Design Standards
- Universal Development Application